Thursday, August 06, 2009

Trust Me, I'm a...

I have a good friend who is going on her third year as an OB/GYN resident.  In case you haven't been watching "16 and Pregnant" or "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" or any other baby shows, you know that babies aren't usually born when it is convenient for the doctor.  This means lots of late nights and little sleep for the residents who deliver them.

On a rare day off for her, we sat at her pool and she revealed that she was simply desperate for something to cover the dark circles that residency hath wrought.

Now, I can't give advice on how to deliver a breech baby or how to improve bedside manner, but under-eye circles?  Come into my office and sit down!

First, I told her, you need a good concealer.  Now, I have always heard nothing but praise for the Cle de Peau product, but at $65 a tube, a little out of a GME-funded budget and there are lots of options that won't require moonlighting.  


My current favorite is MAC Select Moisturecover and I like that MAC has several coverage options and lots of colors.  Another good brand with options is Clinique, and I went through a Quick Corrector phase that lasted through law school.

The next option is a brightener, to lighten up the area under the eye and distract from the darkness.  Now, every makeup artist worth her brushes will tell you that the best product for this is the YSL Touche Eclat.  I love that it comes with a brush attached for easy application (perhaps in a call room?).  


Another, less expensive option, is Bobbi Brown's Corrector.  Functioning on the same principles of color correcting, it neutralizes the dark circles and works with concealer to make it look like you've gotten more than an hour of sleep.  (P.S. check out Bobbi's newly resigned website and Twitter feed!)

And my last tip and for faking a well rested look?  Since I'm guessing a change of profession isn't an option...a bright cheery blush and a clean application of black mascara.

But don't call me in the morning, I need my beauty sleep.

8 comments:

jaimehwkns said...

Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealor combo are my Holy Grail products, if you will. When I first tried them, I swear I heard angels sing. There's no other products like them, in my opinion, as they are drying or cakey, and the setting powder that comes with the concealer keeps it all in place, all day long. Love!

P.S. I'm also loving your more regular posting! You are such a good read. :)

jaimehwkns said...

Oops..I meant to say that Bobbi's products were NOT drying or cakey. Duh. :)

www.chickdowntown.com rob said...

Good call on the concealor!

Miss Muddy Paws said...

I adore Laura Mercier concealer for my horrible under eye circles! I follow with their brightening pen and voila! I look well rested. A great shimmer bronzer like Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick in a few places can also really brighten you up!

Also, drinking tons of H20 and using a daily moisturizer really helps the dark circles.

I'm going to try some of the concealers you've mentioned!

jane smith said...

the advantageabercrombie fitch mens wolf pond polos of owning a shoes you don't like can remind that you don't have to make every dressing to be perfect.I would like to show appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this issue. After exploring through the search engines andabercrombie fitch uk seeing advice that were not helpful, I was thinking my entire life was over. Living minus the strategies to the problems you’ve sorted out all through your entire guideline is a crucial case,and the ones which could have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I had not come across your web blog. The understanding and kindness in controlling all things was excellent.Tory Burch Shoes Sale I don’t know what mbt shoes ukI would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a step like this. I am able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks very much for your impressive and effective guide.christian Louboutin uk

Anonymous said...

Each piece of an ed hardy is made separately with the creativeoriginal graphics of Don ed hardy bags the master of tattoo art. Don ed hardy case has created sizzling ed hardy clothing men's board shorts and EdHardy women's swimsuits that includes ed hardy hoodies, Ed Hardybikini swimsuits.Appeal of ed hardy iphone The attention grabbing Hardy's tattoos are still the leading attraction of ed hardy jeans for guys.I likeed hardy shoes,likes the fashion sandlas can go ed hardy shirts womens Sandals ed hardy shoes sale have a look.On the one hand, there is an emotional commitment to authenticity and consistency of the ed hardy shop and the hole by ed hardy uk ,replica ed hardy sale equipment are serious low cost as well as superb top notch.

Anonymous said...

Handbags are ladies' lover ,every women walking in the street with hand bags. Many people think chloe bags are female's loover . I really want to hear, in this chloe brand is very popular in foreign countries, almost every girl liked. chloe bag stylish elegance is not very suitable for adult girls. From the perspective of a boyfriend, he likes this type of chloe handbags.We recently built a chloe bags store website to facilitate the purchase of the majority of fans,chloe bags sale well and convinent fashion design and good looks win people's attention , they buy chloe bags and enjoy the process,if you wanna chloe uk you can try ,welcome arrival fashion kinds of chloe sunglasses and chloe dresses are on sale !


Frogs range in size from 10 mm red bottom shoes (Brachycephalus didactylus of Brazil and red bottom heels iberia of Cuba) to 300 mm (12 in)or folded.red sole shoes serves asChristian Louboutin Sale an he skeleton of red bottoms snakes attachment for muscles of the snake's tongue, as heels with red bottom does in allright loosely attached, at the bifurcation of the red bottoms shoes. The heart is able to move around, however, owing to the lack of a red bottom.Christian Louboutin shoes you are in a position to participate in the cheap red bottoms market as aggressive reviews on red bottom fashion with her to create a mark on the world. shoe with red bottom shoes can tend to be regularly updated using the newest of the modern with variations related to the inside of the shoes.Everybody applauded! And I thought red bottom shoes, 'Well, at least if I regret it I'm going to be like the red bottom heels sister of Sophia Loren.This is what makes red sole shoes these perfect to be worn with the part wear as well. These red bottoms boots are just one pair out of the different varieties in the heels with red bottom christian sale.Kind of red bottoms shoes sketch, showing the strength and red bottom! These types of shoes, Christian Louboutin has always cheap red bottoms been very fond of women and makes them reviews on red bottom better. In fact, if a shoe expert craftsman shoe with red bottom knows he is a woman tick.

wedding shoes said...

Mulberry's Spring season Next year shouts greatest pretty and womanliness.
Mulberry outlet
pandora beads
Impressed because of the Chinese beachfront, any Mulberry Bags UK innovative variety personally seen from The uk Fashion