Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Gave Up

I blame The Sartorialist.

I added it to my RSS feeder as a means of getting some new fashion inspiration during the great Gossip Girl drought of early 2009.  It features just the coolest, hippest dressers all over the world.  And while 99.99% of the outfits would never fly in, on or around me, I certainly appreciate the eye candy.

But after following the posts, you start to notice trends.  Lots of layers in dark colors, huge wrapped scarves, flood pants, turbans and one thing I noticed about many of the women was that they all wear shooties.

(yeah, that's right.  Shooties.  Shoe-booties.  Shooties)

And they look awesome.

But it was this picture that sealed the deal for me.


So...I started looking.  

And I started at the top, trying on a fantastic pair of Christian Louboutins.  While they looked good, they were light years away from what I was willing to pay for a trendy shoe that I'm not even sure I can pull off.

So, I kept looking and looking and looking.

Until I finally found them.  In Aldo.

Pretty kick-ass, yes?

They look crazy good with tights now that it's still chilly, also great bare-legged for warmer weather, they are comfortable and the best part?  Even my husband liked them.

Do you think The Sartorialist will take a few pics down here?  I'll layer up and grab my turban.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that exact picture from the Sartorialist - and I am so impressed you found that style in a heel height that is doable (2.5 inches is perfect - but I just cant do 4 inches). I will have to check those out.

Alison Santighian said...

You know, I've had the same reservations - just couldn't get into them...and they're growing on me...but maybe it's too late and I'll be oh, so yesterday if I buy in the next little while...unless they're still on The Sartorialist, of course.

Anonymous said...

I'M SORRY BUT THOSE SHOES LOOK ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND STUPID! COME ON LADIES, WHAT GIVES???

Unknown said...

I Christian Louboutin Shoescame across these pretty Christian Louboutin Shoessandals while I Christian Louboutin Bootswas searching for a pair of pink thong sandals for summer. Even though I was initially searching for more of a fuchsia shade, I was totally smitten with these soft pink thongs onceChristian Louboutin Pumps I saw them. In addition to featuring faux pearls, tiny beads, and rhinestones (all of which I adore), these adorable flat sandals have a great design that, thanks to the skimpy Christian Louboutin Sandalsnature of the straps, is easy to pair with casual clothes, as well as slightly-dressier outfits. Available in steel and gold metallic, these high heel sandals ring up at just under $100 per pair.