Friday, August 15, 2008

So Familiar, Yet So New


A few weeks ago, I was chatting with my eye doctor at my yearly appointment.

You know...shooting the breeze about glaucoma, contacts and detached retinas when the subject of eye makeup remover came up.

Don't ask.

He asked me what I used, to which I proudly responded, Almay Oil Free!  Most popular eye makeup remover in America!

I like to vote with the majority, you know?

Much to my surprise, he told me that the BEST eye makeup remover is actually diluted Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

The yellow stuff.

That everyone uses on their child's head.

HUH.

Color me shocked.  

But I tried it, and no joke, it's really good.  I mix a little of the baby shampoo with a little water and put it on a cotton pad and wipe away.  I still have trouble with some of the waterproof mascara, but it works as well, if not better, than the Almay pads.

It's super cheap, especially if you already have it in the house (presumably for your baby).

And the best?  

No more tears.  For sure.

7 comments:

Feminista Cabreada/ Pissed-Off Feminist said...

I have been using this for a year, it's cheap, I can rinse it with water, (no more pulling at my lashes), it's perfect.

Anonymous said...

I have a little bottle in which I put about 20% baby shampoo (I use a generic) and 80% water. Put a bit on a cotton ball or tissue and wipe away. Works great, and you can't beat the price.

Anonymous said...

I've been using it since 9th grade, and it's fabulous. It doesn't gunk up your eyes, and it's supposedly much healthier for them than other eye makeup removers. I just put a smidge on a washcloth, wet it, and gently wipe over my eyes. It's also great for cleaning makeup brushes!

Anonymous said...

I will definiely try this, however i wanted to add to the suggestions here - i personally LOVE my Kiehl's gentle eye makeup remover - it doesn't hurt and gets even the most stubborn waterproof stuff off. love love love.

but i'll try the johnson and johnson route... i always love new things :)

Anonymous said...

i am so excited to try this, thank you!

Anonymous said...

CHB-

I've been reading your blog for a long time, and you inspired me to start my own. So thanks, and hope you find the perfect mascara you've been searching for.

Belle

Anonymous said...

It's also great for hand-washing cashmere or other wool clothing!