Monday, April 28, 2008

Scrub a dub dub


On a tip from my favorite time waster, New York Magazine's "The Cut" blog, I snagged a tube of Clean & Clear Soft In-Shower Facial.

It works like this...you smear the thick clay like goo all over your face while in the shower, and then do something else for one minute.

Then rub the scrub (ha!  that rhymes! oh, man, I'm tired.) into your face and wash off.

It leaves you with a clean tingly feeling and really soft and smooth skin.

Not bad for three minutes of your time and $6.99.

The only problem?  Resisting the urge to scrub right away and wait the full minute.  Lately I've just been falling asleep standing up, but I wouldn't recommend it.  

I have a shower curtain, not a door.  Ouch.

photo courtesy of drugstore.com


4 comments:

fanny wonder said...

I just got this last week, and, so far, love it. I was a bit hesitant that it would drip down into my eyes during the minute wait, but no. I love the warming action and I think the scrub is gentle enough to use with semi-frequency. Yay for drugstore finds!

Anonymous said...

Ok...you are too funny. I'm def. going to have to try this one out...I just can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm with you though, I really have little patience for things like this. : )

Anonymous said...

I totally love your blog, thanks so much for all the product reviews and info you post here. I already tried a few products you recommended and got positive feedback from both guys and gals! The other day I stumbled upon this blog: http://chiactivate.wordpress.com anyways, the people there claim that this face massager thingie makes anti-aging and skin care products up to 70% more effective cos it allows them to penetrate deep into the skin. My question is: do you have any experience with this or a similar product? Does it work or would you recommend me to try it out? Please remove the link if it's against your blog policy. i don't want to advetise for them, but rather have an expert's opinion about it. ty so much!!!

Girl-Woman said...

A fan of gentle exfoliation, this sounds like it might be a good compromise. Great price, too.