Friday, April 25, 2008

The Nail Files

I'm up in New York for this long weekend finalizing some wedding details before the last push.

Like, you know, getting a marriage license.

Oh, and big things, like picking out which nail polish color to wear on my toes!

Big details people. Almost as big as picking the future husband.

So, I spent a long day yesterday trudging around Manhattan with my mother and getting abused by some very nasty stationery people (evil woman at Kate's Paperie on 73rd and 3rd...I loathe you) while trying to get programs ordered.

On the walk back home, we stopped to get a Pinkberry...mmmm....Pinkberry and a pedicure at Pinky!

My mother picked out Limo-scene, a tried and true favorite for her, but a little to white white for me. I picked Spaghetti Strap, a pale, slightly sheer baby pink. I wanted to go with Blushing Bride...you know, because of the obvious suckering of me into anything with the word "bride," but the manicurist dissuaded me. Too sheer, she said.

The color looks great on my toes, but we raced home to check the color against my wedding shoes.

And therein lies the rub.

The shoes are a champagne color, and the pale pink looks too pink. So, the hunt continues.
Any Essie or OPI suggestions?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey C.H.Barbie, LOVE your site!
I'm getting married in late june and have particularly loved the wedding-related posts recently.
As for nail polish my latest fave is OPI "I'll take the cake". It's light but not too light, pink but not too pink, and has just a *hint* of shimmer - i.e. you have to be within 6 inches of the bottle to see it.
Good luck in New York this weekend! I'm headed up there in 2 weeks for my first fitting at Vera on Madison. Any recommendations for good places to shop/see/mani/pedi around there?

marisol said...

Have you tried OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie?

Jess said...

Love OPI Bubble bath...

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

no bees please by OPI is great

caphillbarbie said...

Hello!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will check them out soon and make some serious decisions.

Bellweather! Congrats on your wedding! I'm sure the fittings will be great. For mani/pedi near there...I would check out Dashing Diva at 3rd and 73rd (I think!) They do a great job, it's cute and fun. Right there is also the Scoop block and a great consignment store called Ina on 73rd near Lexington.

If you want to go a little more luxe, you can check out the Townhouse Spa at 56th and 6th, which is where my bridal party will be getting polished the day before. It has the boon of being super close to Bergdorf's and Bendel's, two of my favorite shopping locales.

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for pale pinkish, try OPI's "Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs!" I think it's less sheer than Blushign Bride...it replaced Bubble Bath as my new standard...and it will keep you with the bridal theme :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, ignore my oddly placed exclamation point and misspelling of "blushing." I just got so excited.

Anonymous said...

LOVE PINKBERRY!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24190829

One word, terrifying.

Anonymous said...

Essie- Mademoiselle.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but you should check it out. It's a pale nude with a tiny bit of pink. It looks pinker in pictures than on nails. Just found your blog and love it so far!!!! :)

Miss Montrose said...

The only polishes I own (except for those limited edition Chanel colors I get suckered into):
Essie: Fed Up
OPI: Samoan Sand
All you need. I practically guarantee one will work for you!