Thursday, April 10, 2008

HIgh and Dry

(ok, I totally warned you that all posts would be bridal from now on)

I don't think it matters if you are getting married in winter, spring, summer or fall...just the thought of standing up in front of that many people makes me break into a nervous sweat.

Now, maybe you are comfortable in those situations, but I sure as hell am not.

After surviving a few DC summers, I've learned a few things about deodorant.  Namely, that it has to actually be an anti-perspirant.

And the best one?


Yup.  It's ugly.  It's not going to look cute and fun on your bathroom counter.  But it works.

You have to remember to put it on every night before bed, and I would recommend starting at least a week before you need to be sweat free.

The other option?

Botox.  

I'm not kidding.

It's not exactly cheap, probably at least $500 a pop, and it's really only for hyperhidrosis but that REALLY works.

Personally, I'd try the drugstore option over the needles, I'm just putting it out there.

And stay cool and calm on the big day (even if it's the dead of winter!)

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

I swear by Certain Dri - not at all cute on the vanity top, but man does it ever work

have you tried the "companion" product that you put on in the day? works a treat as well

Anonymous said...

I agree, Certain Dri does work, but it makes my pits irritated & stinging. I switched to Secret Clinical Strength which works just as well IMO.

Anonymous said...

I've had Botox three times on my armpits (I go in every six months) and my insurance covered it. I'm allergic to the main ingredient in antiperspirant. It seriously changed my life.

acg said...

Certain Dry is good, you don't have to put it on every night, but you can.
Secret Clinical Strength is a bit prettier and is made to be put on as if normal deodorant at night and is not as intense.
Also Degree UltraclearDeodorant for women is really good as just a normal antiperspirant

Beauty Alchemist said...

To go one better , but not Botox, get Drysol from your doc. Need a prescript. but it works amazingly well. It's a step up from certain Dri, and it lasts.
It gets me thru Jersey summer ( and winter etc) humidity , which pretty much rages at the 95% mark all summer.

Good Luck :)

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

i didn't know that insurance covers botox for the armpits. i just had a discussion the other day where i wrongly informed my colleage that botox wasn't covered....... oops.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.

monique said...

great post! i love reading your blog.

btw, i have tagged you!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com
http://best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor