Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too Blue


On a recent, particularly low Friday (nothing crazy, just worn out from having to work a full week (!) after the holidays), I stopped by my friendly neighborhood Bobbi Brown counter for a pick me up.




Hey...it's better than having a heroin addiction, ok?






The purported reason was to check out the Pink Raspberry Collection, a gorgeous new range of shades for spring. Bloggers everywhere have been raving about the blue-based pinks that are just pitch perfect for this coming spring.






When I got to the counter, I played by myself for a minute but then stopped and asked for directions.






When testing what I thought would be my ultimate purchase, the Lip Crayon in Pink Raspberry, it turned positively peachy on my skin.




Whoa, Nellie.

The makeup artist confirmed it. I was too blue based for these colors.

I can only assume she meant, because you are so frickfracking pale that I can see your veins you freak, in the nicest way possible.


The darker shade, Wild Raspberry was better, but the crayon texture was a little heavy looking for my tastes.


I did pick up the lip gloss in Pink Popsicle, which is a transparent shiny bubble-gummy pink, which did wonders for my eyes.




kind of like this one, but no glitter


Because I need another pink lip gloss like I need a third eyeball. But that wasn't the point.

I left the counter happier than I came, and isn't that the purpose of makeup?

photos courtesy of bobbibrown.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I have positively banana undertones and I tend to stay away from cool pinks for that very reason! But now, I'm going to try out these blue-based shades and report back on the effect. It's a science experiment.

Yeah, yeah. Anything for a new lip gloss.

Kris said...

I am totally the same way with make up. It totally picks me up.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com
http://best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor