Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too Blue


On a recent, particularly low Friday (nothing crazy, just worn out from having to work a full week (!) after the holidays), I stopped by my friendly neighborhood Bobbi Brown counter for a pick me up.




Hey...it's better than having a heroin addiction, ok?






The purported reason was to check out the Pink Raspberry Collection, a gorgeous new range of shades for spring. Bloggers everywhere have been raving about the blue-based pinks that are just pitch perfect for this coming spring.






When I got to the counter, I played by myself for a minute but then stopped and asked for directions.






When testing what I thought would be my ultimate purchase, the Lip Crayon in Pink Raspberry, it turned positively peachy on my skin.




Whoa, Nellie.

The makeup artist confirmed it. I was too blue based for these colors.

I can only assume she meant, because you are so frickfracking pale that I can see your veins you freak, in the nicest way possible.


The darker shade, Wild Raspberry was better, but the crayon texture was a little heavy looking for my tastes.


I did pick up the lip gloss in Pink Popsicle, which is a transparent shiny bubble-gummy pink, which did wonders for my eyes.




kind of like this one, but no glitter


Because I need another pink lip gloss like I need a third eyeball. But that wasn't the point.

I left the counter happier than I came, and isn't that the purpose of makeup?

photos courtesy of bobbibrown.com

4 comments:

Product Junkie said...

Interesting...I have positively banana undertones and I tend to stay away from cool pinks for that very reason! But now, I'm going to try out these blue-based shades and report back on the effect. It's a science experiment.

Yeah, yeah. Anything for a new lip gloss.

Kris said...

I am totally the same way with make up. It totally picks me up.

Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold tibia item tibia gold runescape accounts tibia money runescape gp buy runescape gold tibia gold tibia item buy runescape money runescape items tibia money

best-tutor said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com
http://best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor