Friday, January 04, 2008

Out with the Old

Ahhh, a new year has begun.



And while there are some things from last year that are truly inescapable, like the constant barrage of election coverage or Britney's looney toon ways, there are ways to try to make 2008 more tolerable than 2007.



In that spirit, I took my annual holiday Sephora gift card (people love me! They really love me!) and went on a replacement spree!



First into the bag, a brand spanking new Shu Uemura eyelash curler. If you don't have one of these...well, just get one. It's like that Mercedes SLK 600 that you see with diplomatic plates. It's the best of the best, but you can actually afford this one and it won't run you over at a stop sign because its owner has immunity.



Unfortunately, it doesn't last forever. The spring wears out after a couple of years, and even if you are good about cleaning, it will get pretty gunked up. I'm currently on my third in a lifetime, and let me tell you, that first curl with the new curler...man...it's like a cupcake with no calories.



Also dropped into my sack was a new pair of Tweezerman tweezers. Mine mysteriously disappeared when I shacked with with my now-fiance. I got them in hot pink this time so he can't touch them. It's like kryptonite for dudes.




Then I did a little searching for a replacement for my beloved Trish McEvoy Brow Gel. I can't seem to find it and mine was taking on a little funky smell. I eventually settled on Benefit Speed Brow in Light, for my barely there eyebrows. I've been pleased. It's a little crunchier feeling, but the color is subtle and natural and it keeps my eyebrows looking neat, despite one missing set o' tweezers.



It always feels good to sweep the old out the door and usher in a new year, new brow gel, new curler, etc. Anything you are replacing during this time of change?



Oh, and in case inquiring minds need to know...my resolution for this year?



Floss more.

No comments: