Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bloomies!


I've been totally stuck in hearing hell the past few weeks, so to my total delight, I received an invite to the "private opening" of the new Bloomingdale's in Chevy Chase.


Let's just say that the place was packed, despite my efforts to make an early departure from work.


However, the place is fantastic.


Seriously.


I had recently been going to the Bloomies in White Flint which...well, it blows. This one...it's like night and day.


The merch is gorgeous, and they carry pretty extensive selections of designers that are harder to find in D.C. Big Sonia Rykiel section, loads of M Missoni, and a Tory Burch section I plan to hit like a ton of bricks once my birthday gift money starts rolling in.


The shoe and bag section is notably good. Spotted: Mulberry and Anya Hindmarch, two of my favorite stops in NY, and a solid collection of Theory shoes. And yes, they are as cute and classic as the clothes.


Also, my mother will be so happy, I checked out the home section and liked it enough to pick up some information about registering.


Not that I've ACTUALLY registered or anything (unlike Heidi on "The Hills," who feels the need to shop for a dress and register in the same week) don't get crazy....


If you are in the hood...stop by and check it out.

1 comment:

DC Food said...

Wow, this new Bloomingdales has been a long time coming. I acctually like the Chevy Chase model of all the department stores as stand alones, it opens the retail out to the strteet and makes the area feel more like a city than a mall. Happy they resisted the temptation to develop that space as a minimall!

www.dcmetrocentric.com

James