Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Singin' the Blues


Wow, there were so many cheesy and cliche titles I could have come up with for this post.


As previously mentioned about a gajillion times on my blog, I'm kind of a sucker for the Next Hot Thing.


My name is Capitol Hill Barbie, and I'm a trend whore.


All together now, "Hi Barbie."


Sometimes this pans out, other times, not so much. So when I recently hightailed it to Sephora to try out the latest rage, blue mascara, I was anticipating a minor disaster. More George Bush referring to the web as the "internets," less Britney exiting a car on a Saturday night.


I was surprised with the result that it looked kind of cool. I sampled Benefit BadGal Blue, which is apparently EXCLUSIVE to Sephora. I noticed that it made my eyes a little brighter and whiter. I layered it over the existing mascara, so the look was subtle, meaning that my fiance looked at me like I was an escapee from St. Elizabeth's when I asked him how it looks.


Whatever! He was wearing sandals with socks when I met him!


So I was pleasantly pleased with the results. However, I had a little sticker shock when I checked the price tag. So I scoured Sephora for some other options, and found that their house brand (which I've been hot and bothered about lately. seriously, it's like Wet n' Wild for the yippie set.) makes a few options like the Triple Action Mascara and the Mascara Fantastic Color for a much more reasonable cost.


While I liked the effects of the blue mascara, I considered carefully that it doesn't really fit into my (working in a ridonculously untrendy environment) lifestyle, and I passed it up. And then I think I bought my 30th pink lipgloss.


Hi, my name is Capitol Hill Barbie and I'm a lip gloss-a-holic.


Once more, and with feeling..."Hi, Barbie."


photo courtesy of sephora.com

9 comments:

Distar said...

hey! when did the bf turn into fiance?

caphillbarbie said...

A few months ago...

Anonymous said...

Since you love the mascara I would recommend going to Andre at AVA salon on Penn Ave (I also work on the hill) He does a killer blueish black dye and it makes your lashes look extraordinary!

Aisling said...

What color eyes do you have? Purple mascara really accents brown eyes...

Health Watch Center said...

"Hi Barbie"

Eyes are the windows to the soul. There are women with small eyes and are not blessed with big eyes.

It will be a problem when you chose to emphasize. A suitable eye make up can overcome the problem by emphasizing those small eyes.

I am new here wanted to say "hi" but I think, have said a lot more than just a hi...never mind.

HWC.
Skin Care Beauty Zone

Mae Ella said...

Hi!
I live in DC and am new to your blog and totally loving it. Just got back from an office lunch hour (read 2 hour) trip to the Sephora in Georgetown and checked this stuff out. It looked cool, but something about blue eyeshadow frightens me. Unlike when I was 12, when it seemed great.... I like the idea of blending though.
However that Sephora in house stuff did look GREAT and was super inexpensive. Any reccomendations?

Coach Outlet Online said...

Coach Outlet Online

Coach Factory Outlet Online said...

Coach Factory Outlet Online Leading American designer and maker of luxury lifestyle handbags and accessories.Large market in Europe and Canada,UK,USA etc.Welcome to Order!

Coach Outlet Store Online said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!