Friday, February 09, 2007

HIP to the Jive



All the talk this week on the Hill has been about the Budget.



Personally, I would like to take home about thirty copies and use them to heat my apartment.

Unfortunately, my boss and my landlord frown on that. With all the talk about money flying around, I am reminded that after a banner gift giving season, I am out of it. However, I feel that the lousy weather entitles me to a little pick-me-up.

On my last trip to Target, I scoped out the new colors in the L'Oreal H.I.P. lip glosses. This offshoot line from L'Oreal is fast becoming a favorite of mine for their gentle prices, easy accessibility (my CVS is open 24 hours a day!), and hot colors. Plus, Tim Gunn dropped the product placement about six thousand times on Project Runway, and I'm buying whatever he is selling.

So, I picked out the Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Giddy, which is a clear sparkly fuschia color. I loved the bright pop of color on such a drab day, and I'm looking forward to mixing it in to my spring wardrobe of all bright cute colors (TBD).



I also fell in love with a few other colors, but I was struck by the quality of the glosses. Closer to the Lancome Juicy Tubes than the other L'Oreal lip glosses (of course, all owned by the same folks) they have intense color and great depth. I also fell in love with a deep purple gloss and a peachy shimmer, but managed to restrain myself (for the time being).

The only drawback?


They kind of stain. I woke up the morning after wearing Giddy out on the town and rubbed my chapped lips to see pink come off. I freaked out, thinking my lips were bleeding! But it turns out, when I was actually awake, that it was just stain from the lip gloss on my overly chapped lips.



Check out some of the colors available here, but there are way more available in the stores.

photo courtesy of drugstore.com of H.I.P. Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Alluring. I couldn't find pictures of Giddy or the other colors I liked so much.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I got the enchanging lip gloss for a cool $1.75 at my CVS. I'm also loving the eyeshadows. The included mirror is pretty nice and the colors are great.
PS I also finally got some Rosebud Salve the other day on my Georgetown outing. Verrryyy nice and addictive!!

Beth said...

I got the enchanting lip gloss for a cool $1.75 at my CVS. (75% off sale a while back)

I'm also loving the eyeshadows. The included mirror is pretty nice and the colors are great.

I want to try their MAC-wannabe shadesticks next.

PS I also finally got some Rosebud Salve the other day on my Georgetown outing. Verrryyy nice and addictive!!