Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Trust must be earned

The other day I walked into a shocking sight.

My boyfriend was sitting on our couch pawing through my purse.

I freaked out. Shrieking in a voice that makes dogs start yapping all over the neighborhood.

So many thoughts ran though my mind. Was this the type of person I was with? Someone who would just go through someone's purse willy-nilly? Was he spying on me? Snooping is one thing, but spying is a another! And what the hell did he expect to find in there anyways?

He dropped the bag and looked a little dazed from all the shrieking. Then he looking at me sheepishly and said, "I wanted that lip balm you lent me yesterday."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

My Smith's Rosebud Salve.

Well, it is pretty awesome.

A "cult favorite" of models and actresses, this is one product I think actually lives up to it's hype. It comes in the prettiest tin, smells sort of like your grandmother (but the Strawberry one takes me back to the days when I thought that, maybe, just maybe, my Strawberry Shortcake doll actually tasted the way it smelled. It didn't.), and can totally cure what ails you.

Not totally. It won't prevent a heart attack or let you skip the last 11 steps or anything.

But it gives your lips a nice healthy sheen, sinks in, and doesn't make your hair stick to your mouth. It's also super moisturizing for those winter problem spots (mine is right between my thumb and forefinger where it gets really dry, don't ask why. Because I don't know.) and cuticles. Smooth on a little Salve and go on your merry way.

Not bad for six bucks.

Although I'm sure it won't last as long if my boyfriend keeps stealing it.

1 comment:

marisol said...

Rosebud Salve rocks! I keep on in my purse, one at my desk at work and one on my nightstand. A bit obsessive... perhaps but I just love it.

I can also recommend Too Faced Bunny Balm. More expensive than Smith's but it works really well. Comes in four different scents/flavors. Also, I think the company changed the name to Beauty Balm. Whatever.. Bunny Balm sounds better.