Saturday, June 10, 2006

Princess Sunshine


Bronzers have always inspired just a wee bit of terror for me.

So when I received the Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer to test for Meg's Makeup Review, I started to have a little panic attack.

With skin whiter than Paul Bettany's in the The Da Vinci Code, bronzer can make me a little more New York Avenue Princess. You know, down where they have the rules about not slowing down or stopping between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.?

So I was a little hestitant about testing this bronzer. But with it's too-cute gold faux-croc compact, I was certainly tempted.

And then the invite fell in my lap for an early summer party at a Georgetown townhouse. Oooh, I thought, if ever there were a time to look slightly tanned and glowing...

Plus, the Xanax had kicked in.

I layered slowly. Foundation, concealer, mascara, and a swirl of Nars Sin blush. By this time, my boyfriend is pleading with me to hurry and pointing anxiously at his watch. Then, using the same blush brush, a dusting of the bronzer across my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose. Repeat, with an even slighter amount of powder.

It looked good!

It gave me a little glow and sparkle over the pink of the blush and warmed up my face just the slightest bit. I certainly felt as though I had spent the weekend getting a little sun, but maintained a classy, grown up look.

Maybe if I get brave later in the summer, I'll put a little more on at a time.

Or maybe they could make an even lighter shade for me called Wisconsin Avenue Princess?

photo courtesy of sephora.com

1 comment:

Parisjasmal said...

"Wisconsin Avenue Princess"....that is hilarious. I am a pale girl too. I love Bronzer, and this review was great.

Love your blog!!!