Friday, June 30, 2006

My Two Cents


(seriously, my opinion is probably worth even less than that)

Okay, I thought I would weigh in on the whole Britney-naked-on-the-cover-of-Bazaar-magazine issue since everyone else seems to.

I am a total unapologetic bandwagon jumper. There I said it.


My first thought was, "Didn't Katie Holmes already have her baby?"

Once I figured out who it was, my second thought was, "wow, the airbrushing guys had their work cut out for them. They totally earned their paycheck."

I'm sort of ashamed to admit that I watched the Dateline interview and was a little frightened that someone can be so inarticulate but actually WANT to appear on camera. She used so many cliches in that interview, I wasn't completely sure that anything that came out of her mouth was her own. Although that could have changed if she spit out her gum.

And while I'm being a little cranky, I have to say I've been really disappointed in Bazaar lately. I can flip through the entire issue without wanting to read a single article.

And I really dislike the fact that they have two different covers, one for subscribers and one for newstands. Every time I see the newstand copy I think it's new and get annoyed that I didn't get it first as a subscriber. It also says something that I can look at the headlines and not even realize that I've seen them already.

So in summation, without the vitriol, I actually think it's a good picture considering how she looked during Dateline. And that says a lot.

Okay, I'll stop now. I'm blogging from New York and about to head out to the Holy Trinity (Barney's, Bergdorf's and Bendel's...oh my!) to do some recon work. I promise to have happy, non-cranky reviews shortly!

No comments: