Thursday, June 15, 2006

All Tarte, All the Time



You give me 250 words, I'll give you the scoop. (thanks to 1010 WINS for letting me rip off their slogan)

In addition to the Park Avenue Princess Bronzer, I also received the Tarte Eyelash Curler and the Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara from Meg at Meg's Makeup Review.

Not that I have any business even LOOKING at another mascara after the May Madness, but it came in the mail! Fair game! Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt, you know?

By the way, I looove Tarte. I've loved them ever since I stumbled onto their counter at Bendel's when they first opened it and immediately bought the cheek flush and lip gloss. I think their product names are genius (I feel like less of a geek when the lipsticks are named after famous couples, some of which are literary, and I recognize the source) and the colors are always fun and wearable. But lately, I've passed them by at Sephora. I'm not sure why, but lately my interest has certainly been renewed.

As for the mascara and curler, well, let's just say that if Prince were reincarnated as a mascara (that's street justice, people!), this is what he would look like.

I think the packaging is slight overkill, but it will certainly make a statement when I whip it out to reapply in the bathroom at Cap Lounge (yeah, right up until I poke myself in the eye and need medical attention. then I'll wake up and wonder what the hell I was doing at Cap Lounge.) But the mascara itself is surprisingly tame. It left my lashes darkened, but soft. Noticeable, but not wow! In short, I like this, but mostly for the packaging. Also, when it goes stale, I will feel bad throwning it away, since so many little PVC purple snakes gave their skins for it.

As for the curler, I am a faithful Shu Uemura user. This one was a little pinchy on the lids and was a little difficult to manuever without the holes for my fingers. The curl was pretty good, but basically, I'm too much of a spazz for this.

I still love Tarte and will continue to seek out their stuff, especially the cheek flush in a color known as Blushing Bride which I totally plan on giving to every person I know getting married (even the boys! I like it that much!). So, sorry to ruin that surprise, friends who are engaged.

Oh well, I urge you all to check out Tarte's products, if only for the English lit lesson...

photos courtesy of sephora.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got my first Shu Uemura curler last month and it has been a big let down. As a curling veteran, since like 12 years old i suppose, i think i can handle the tool. But no matter what i do i keep pinching myself and instead of a pretty curl i get that crimp in the middle of my lashes. what gives??