Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Extreme Makeup Testing!

I was finally able to test out some of those products during a workout this week. Due to a little lack of motivation and an unfortunate small accident, I did not attend yoga when I said I would. However, this past Friday and Saturday, I went twice and Mother Nature conspired to make it a rough trial for the products.

First, the classes were held in rooms that were heated up to be about 85 degrees. This is nice and warm when you enter the studio, and it really turns up the intensity when you get into the heart of the routine. Second, it was officially yucky out on Saturday here in DC. Yes, that is a meteorological term, "yucky." It describes a day where it schvitzes on and off and every once and a while there is a torrential downpour. Not the best conditions for looking pretty, but I was able to keep it together with some new products and some old ones too!

The Cargo Oil-Free Foundation went on very nicely and stayed put for most of the class. When I started to blot during the Sun Salutation B series, I noticed that some came off on the towel. Same goes for the Almay Touchpad Blush. The Bourjois Lovely Party and the Nars Cream Eyeshadow in Penelope both amounted to a little too much shimmer, I thought. Between the rain falling on my face and the heat from the yoga studio, I was glistening (re: wet) and shiny enough without them. (But more on the Nars shadow later!)

The big winners in the Extreme Makeup Test were the Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner in Granite Ink and Cover Girl Lash Exact Mascara. They stayed on throughout the classes and the walks there and back. There was a little fading with both products over the course of the day, but there was no smudging, especially under the low lash line (which always gives me that oh-so-pretty strung out look). I was able to go straight from class to brunch without that desperate five minutes in the bathroom fixing my makeup, which totally not zen. Now if there was only a way to fix my hair...

No comments: